Whether it’s needles for blood taking or vaccinations for Covid-19, many people face extreme fear when dealing with needles. This condition is called Trypanophobia and luckily for most, there are many strategies you may adopt to face this fear:
- Look away - There's no reason to watch something that scares you
- Refocus your thoughts - Use deep-breathing relaxation techniques or visual aids
- Schedule your appointment with a trusted friend - watching someone who doesn't fear needles may show you that “this is actually quite harmless”
- Numb the site - try using ice to numb the site and dull the pain
- Expose yourself to needles - Exposure therapy can make any fear less intimidating
When in the hands of professionals, there’s no need to fear needles.
AIMIS Labs – Γεσυ